Re: sky2 hangs on me again: This time 200 kb/s IPv4 traffic, noteasily reproducable

From: shogunx
Date: Sat Sep 02 2006 - 19:12:00 EST

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Matthias Hentges wrote:

> Am Samstag, den 02.09.2006, 15:41 -0400 schrieb shogunx:

> > > The NIC is up and running for about 9hrs now w/ -rc4-mm3, thanks for the
> > > heads up!
> >
> > Hey, no worries. I have a friend who has has that problem for some time,
> > and I just got one of those cards myself, albeint in an ExpressCard
> > format.
> >
> > Glad its working.
>
> Well, it just crapped out on me again :(
>
> Sep 2 23:36:13 localhost kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth2: transmit timed
> out
> Sep 2 23:36:13 localhost kernel: sky2 hardware hung? flushing
>
> Only a rmmod / modprobe cycle helps at this point.

Really? What is the error condition causing it? On my friends lap, which
has an integrated sky2, his drops out with a full sustained TX...
uploading to another box for example, at about 4-8MB of transfer. The
fix in his case is ifdown eth0 && ifup eth0. I have
yet to see the error occur at all on my ExpressCard device, either with
2.6.18-rc5 or 2.6.17.5. I built the rc5 as a preemptive measure, but I
cannot get it to fail under any conditions.

> --
> Matthias 'CoreDump' Hentges
>
> Webmaster of hentges.net and OpenZaurus developer.
> You can reach me in #openzaurus on Freenode.
>
> My OS: Debian SID. Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice

sleekfreak pirate broadcast
http://sleekfreak.ath.cx:81/

--
VGER BF report: U 0.5