Re: VIA IRQ quirk, another (embarrassing) suggestion.

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 11:22:17 EST

Ar Maw, 2006-09-05 am 15:55 +0100, ysgrifennodd Sergio Monteiro Basto:
> We have billions of VIA chip sets with VIA PCI on-board and
> VIA PCI on others chip sets, if exists, are a very few.
> So, because some exceptions, we shouldn't stop a resolution of a very
> large % of the cases.

Not true at all. Large numbers of the VIA devices on VIA boards are not
the builtin version. Devices migrate over time from one to the other.

You can tell fron the PCI northbridge what is built in (in theory) but
we need a better way to deal with all this