Re: [Feature] x86_64 page tracking for Stratus servers

From: Kimball Murray
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 14:47:47 EST

Hi Dave,

The "hooks" have default funtions in the patch (see track.c), all of
which do exactly what Stratus needs them to do. Knowing that this
functionality is only needed by Stratus, the hook was my attempt to
allow other users of this interface to make it behave differently. I
wouldn't object to removing the hooks and instead calling the default
functions directly.

-kimball

On 9/5/06, Dave Hansen <haveblue@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 13:34 -0400, Kimball Murray wrote:
> +static __inline__ void mm_track_pte(void * val)
> +{
> + if (unlikely(mm_tracking_struct.active))
> + do_mm_track_pte(val);
> +}

This patch just appears to be a big collection of hooks. Could you post
an example user of these hooks? It is obviously GPL from all of the
EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL()s anyway, right?

-- Dave