Re: 2.6.18-rc6-mm1 2.6.18-rc5-mm1 Kernel Panic on X60s

From: Benoit Boissinot
Date: Fri Sep 08 2006 - 22:19:27 EST

On 9/8/06, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:43:00 -0500
Brandon Philips <brandon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, udev seems to very upset about network device names:
>
> [udevd:3951]: Changing netdevice name from [eth1_temp] to [eth0]
>
> That showed up a few hundred times. I am running version 093 so I will
> try updating that later.

That's OK - it's a debug patch which was added to help us work out why one
or two people's net device names are getting trashed. In fact we tracked
it down to some silliness in NetworkMonitor, regarding which certain parties
have yet to respond, iirc.

By the way, I don't use Network Manager, but wpa_supplicant (which is
used by networkmanager), and the device name corruption still happens
(but I think it is a userspace problem).

regards,

Benoit