Re: Driver_data is probably zero in serverworks IDE driver

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sat Sep 09 2006 - 16:13:07 EST

Ar Sad, 2006-09-09 am 19:19 +0200, ysgrifennodd Marton Balint:
> Please take a look at commit f201f5046ddaeeccb036bdf6848549bf5cb51bb1.
> This commit introduced the usage of the PCI_DEVICE macro, but this macro
> does not set class and class_mask so I think now we set .class instead of
> .driver_data. The drivers that are also affected by this commit may
> have similar problems.

Yes it looks to be the case, and PCI_DEVICE_CLASS() macros don't help as
they assign in differing orders.

The following drivers appear to be broken from this

Aec62xx.c All
Serverworks.c OSB4/CSB5/CSB6/CSB6-2/HT1000

Actual breakage will affect CSB6/CSB6-2/HT1000, and all the AEC6xxx
chips in various ways.

Unfortunately it appears I missed the bug, nobody checked the diff and
nobody ever ran -mm with these chipsets so it somehow got through. I'll
look at rolling a patch but it might be Monday. Until then anyone
rolling a 2.6.18 tree should revert the PCI table changes in serverworks
and aec62xx.

Alan