io-apic - no timer ticks after resume on IXP200

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Sun Sep 10 2006 - 20:28:38 EST

(Cc:ing Andi because I seem to remember him reworking the code for this
chipset)

Got it. After a suspend/resume cycle, I no longer have any timer ticks.
Unsurprisingly, this breaks things. This is even true if I stub out the
actual suspend code - that is, simply calling the device suspend and
resume methods fails to set up the timer again properly.

So the situation is the following: without acpi_skip_timer_override,
the system works fine until suspend/resume. At that point, I no longer
get any timer ticks. With acpi_skip_timer_override, the timer works fine
before and after suspend. I suspect that something in the apic
suspend/resume code isn't setting things correctly? Is there any useful
debug output I can provide?
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx