Re: Suspend to ram with 2.6 kernels

From: Andreas Steinmetz
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 07:03:27 EST

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 12:28:20AM +0200, Andreas Steinmetz wrote:
>

>>Nope,
>>but the hint from this thread was good: s2ram works with
>>"acpi_skip_timer_override" and probably "enable_timer_pin_1" (I have to
>>try without this one, yet). Radeon, however, remains as a problem.
>

> Can you test with the following patch (without
> acpi_skip_timer_override)?

Yes, the patch fixes s2ram without acpi_skip_timer_override for me (x86_64).

There is, however, one difference during boot that may be a hint:
When booting without acpi_skip_timer_override the following message appears:

MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC

As a sidenote booting without enable_timer_pin_1 doesn't make any
difference as expected.
--
Andreas Steinmetz SPAMmers use robotrap@xxxxxxxx