Re: speedstep-centrino broke

From: Almonas Petrasevicius
Date: Thu Sep 14 2006 - 16:10:42 EST

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 12:43 -0700, Pallipadi, Venkatesh wrote:

>Or maybe I don't know how to look.
>Could You dump your "working" ACPI table and look for those
>two methods?

As you mentioned in your earlier mail, CpuPm object is missing after
BIOS update. That table, most probably, will contain these ACPI _PSS etc
methods internally.

That's my problem: I can't find them there. At least not directly.
It contains just two methods for each CPU: _PDC and _OSC.
Althrough the _OSC methods contain some logic and Load(...) calls, and there is a package supiciously looking like a directory containing some additional ACPI tables (for example "CPU0IST ", offset, length and so on). So, it's possible, that required tables are loaded "on demand" but not accesible with the acpidump.

Regards,
Almonas