Re: tracepoint maintainance models

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Sep 18 2006 - 00:19:20 EST

* Karim Yaghmour <karim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> By no stretch of the english language did I insult you. [...]

let me point it out then:

>> That has been your own personal experience of such things.
>> Fortunately by now you've provided to casual readers ample proof that
>> such experience is but limited and therefore misleading.

you wrote this disputing a point of mine that Mathieu acknowledged
meanwhile, and which you now acknowledge in this mail too:

> So, yes Ingo, you "wont be able to extract 'x' from the MARK(event, a)
> markup" using just a "static" tracer. [...]

and as i wrote to Mathieu, this differene in markup can have performance
impact on the code generated by gcc, so it can be of practical
relevance. Unfortunately i dont have much influence on the fact that it
takes so much time for you to understand and acknowledge such simple
points: in this highly trivial case it was 3(!) mail exchanges =B-)
Yuck! I should really heed others' advice that i should simply stop
replying to you ... but i have to admit that often it's so tempting.

Ingo