Re: 2.6.18-rc6-mm2 (-mm1): ohci_hcd does not recognize new devices

From: Alan Stern
Date: Mon Sep 18 2006 - 11:07:36 EST

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > Actually, the problem is ohci_hcd doesn't seem to recognize devices plugged
> > into the USB ports.
> >
> > For example, if I unplug and replug a mouse (that worked before unplugging),
> > it doesn't work any more. I have to reload ohci_hcd to make it work again.
> >
> > This is 100% reproducible and occurs on the two boxes above.
>
> I have carried out a binary search and found that the problem is caused by
>
> gregkh-usb-usbcore-remove-usb_suspend_root_hub.patch

Tell me, what happens if you leave that patch installed, and you use
the patch I sent last week (the one that removes a chunk of code from
ohci-hub.c), and you also set CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND?

I think the real underlying problem here is that David's implementation of
root-hub suspend in ohci-hcd is incompatible with the overall scheme I've
been working on. In the end I'll probably have to rewrite the ohci-hcd
code.

Alan Stern