best way to determine if a module is loaded - from another module

From: Springer, Doug
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 02:46:23 EST

Please CC me on the replies -I'm not on the list.

I can't figure out how to know if another module is loaded. I know
/proc/modules has the list. Do I open that with sys_open or is there a
better way?

I have written a software watchdog for the amd au1200 cpu that will
gracefully shut the unit off if nobody kicks me.

I've read the kernel resources, and searched the mailing list but I
don't see an answer.

Thanks for any pointers to more info or how to do it.