modules.isapnpmap vs modules.alias

From: iSteve
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 12:53:32 EST

Greetings,
I'm looking at the modules.isapnpmap and I compare it with modules.alias file.
For example:

-modules.isapnpmap:
snd-mpu401 0xffff 0xffff 0x00000000 0xd041 0x06b0
-EOF

-modules.alias:
alias: pnp:dPNPb006*
-EOF

I am trying to resolve the isapnpmap into the alias. I figured most of it, but
I'm confused by the "PNP" part. It is obvious that vendor 0xd041 conforms to
"PNP", as all devices that have vendor 0xd041 have PNP and vice versa, similarly
for eg. vendor 0xa865 and "YMH"...

However, how can I actually translate "PNP" to "0xd041" (and/or backwards)?

Thanks in advance for any reply.
Please, CC me, as I am not subscribed to the mailing list.
--
-- iSteve