Re: 2.6.19 -mm merge plans

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 14:28:18 EST

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:48:16 -0400
Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > As far as -mm getting these, I have asked Andrew to pull this tree in
> > the past, but whenever I rebase the trees (eg, when 2.6.18 comes out)
> > and fix up the rejects, Andrew seems to have a hard time coping. I
> > guess Andrew finds it too difficult to handle my devel branches.
>
> Has Andrew commented on why this is proving to be more of a problem?

I don't recall any particular ARM problems, so I'm curious too. I'm
presently pulling git+ssh://master.kernel.org/home/rmk/linux-2.6-arm.git,
which is coming up empty.

OTOH, I doubt if anyone runtime tests -mm on arm.

OTOH^2, people do cross-compile.

OTOH^3, my attempts to build an arm cross-compiler haven't been very
successful. I do have a .config which compiles, but allmodconfig used to
die due to the compiler not understanding weird `-m' options. <tries it>.
OK, that got fixed, so without CONFIG_AUDIT, arm allmodconfig compiles. Am
happy.

<I maintain that it is in the interests of obscure-arch maintainers to help
others build cross-compilers for their arch..>

<how'd I fall off the cc?>

<looks at viro>

include/asm-generic/audit_dir_write.h:9: error: `__NR_mkdirat' undeclared here (not in a function)
include/asm-generic/audit_dir_write.h:9: error: initializer element is not constant
include/asm-generic/audit_dir_write.h:9: error: (near initialization for `dir_class[8]')
include/asm-generic/audit_dir_write.h:10: error: `__NR_mknodat' undeclared here (not in a function)
include/asm-generic/audit_dir_write.h:10: error: initializer element is not constant
include/asm-generic/audit_dir_write.h:10: error: (near initialization for `dir_class[9]')
include/asm-generic/audit_dir_write.h:11: error: `__NR_unlinkat' undeclared here (not in a function)