Re: GPLv3 Position Statement

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 14:41:02 EST

Ar Gwe, 2006-09-22 am 14:30 -0400, ysgrifennodd Gene Heskett:
> final. Let me put it this way, I would be willing to become a paying
> member of a new organization dedicated to preserving the V2 status if the
> due weren't too onnerous.

What probably matters more in that situation, and I hope its one that
doesn't arise - v3 is in draft and there is fixing time left for many
issues - is people to maintain the other projects which will get forked
from the FSF if it were to happen: glibc, gcc, etc. My guess is many of
these projects would effectively leave the FSF if this happened.