Re: [RFC] Initial alpha-0 for new page allocator API

From: Martin Bligh
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 16:14:40 EST

And is fine with 16MB anyways I think.

- Some aacraid, mostly only for control structures. Those found on 64bit
are probably fine with slow alloc.

That is the only case where there are rumours they are not fine with 16MB.

- Broadcom stuff - not sure if 30 or 31bit, around today and on 64bit

b44 is 30bit. That's true. I even got one here.

But it doesn't count really because we can handle it fine with existing 16MB GFP_DMA

The problem is that GFP_DMA does not mean 16MB on all architectures.

M.