Re: [git patches] ocfs2 post 2.6.18 features

From: Mark Fasheh
Date: Sun Sep 24 2006 - 19:30:07 EST

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 03:36:14PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Ok, pulled, and pushed out.
Great, thanks!

> And btw, I appreciate how you separately explained the fs/namei.c change,
> together with the diff for just that part. This is a prime example of how
> to make things easier for me to verify, when I see something touching a
> generic file. Thanks.
Oh, excellent - I'm glad that worked out. I asked Andrew a couple weeks back
how we should handle that patch, and he indicated that I could push it if I
clearly noted its existence in my e-mail.

> I do have a small nit: when you ask me to pull, you did:
>
> > Please pull from 'upstream-linus' branch of
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mfasheh/ocfs2.git
>
> I really prefer to see the branch-name at the end of the line (don't worry
> if it's more than 80 characters), because that way I don't make the
> mistake of cutting-and-pasting the git URL, and forgetting the branch.
No problem - script updated. I copied the format from one of Jeff's more
recent pull mails:

Please pull from 'upstream-linus' branch of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mfasheh/ocfs2.git
upstream-linus

Hope that works for you.
--Mark

--