Improvements in 2.6.18 will help SATA?

From: Shriramana Sharma
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 01:16:56 EST

I'm an end user, not a developer. From:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.18

I see that a lot of the changes are related to SATA. I have a Seagate SATA HDD
as my one and only HDD so if I will really be benefitting performance-wise
from the new features or improvements, then I will install 2.6.18 over
2.6.15. So please tell me as I am not able to decipher for myself, whether
these improvements will lead to better performance, efficiency, speed or
something like that on my SATA HDD.

Please don't be harsh with me if this question is way OT for this list. I
thought only the developers can answer such a question so I asked here. I'm
sincerely sorry if I am bothering anyone.

Please cc me as I am not on the list.

--

Shriramana Sharma
Linux user #395953 using Kubuntu 6.06.1