Generic HDLC update

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 16:42:57 EST

Hi,

Jeff,
in this thread I'm posting two patches:
- 1/2: modularizes generic HDLC code - WAN protocols (FR, Cisco HDLC
etc.) can now be separate modules. We can now have multiple module
versions for a protocol (something like syncppp-based PPP or based
on generic PPP). Also we don't have to load things like syncppp or
lapb if we don't need it.

"Core" generic HDLC code doesn't now know anything about the
WAN protocols - all protocol-related information has been moved from
hdlc.h to the protocol drivers.

- 2/2: while both user-space and low-level driver interfaces are not
changed by the first patch, it has to change data structures
internal to the generic HDLC. Unfortunately, there is one particular
driver - pc300 - abusing those internal structures. There are few
ways to fix this driver but it's not trivial. PC300 maintainer has
been notified about the problem and possible solutions, and has
been sent a copy of the modularizing patch two+ months ago.

This patch removes accesses to the HDLC-internal data structures
from pc300 driver, thus enabling it to compile but breaking part
of its functionality.

Please apply both patches to Linux 2.6.
Thanks.
--