Re: Tiny error in printk output for clocksource : a3:<6>Time: acpi_pm clocksource has been installed.

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 17:38:26 EST

On 27/09/06, Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 02:36:58 +0200 Jesper Juhl wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 September 2006 02:33, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 02:22:18 +0200 Jesper Juhl wrote:
> >
> > > I get this in dmesg with 2.6.18-git6 :
> > > a3:<6>Time: acpi_pm clocksource has been installed.
> > >
> > > Looks like some printk() somewhere is not adding \n correctly after
> > > outputting a message priority or a message priority too much is
> > > used... I've not investigated where this happens, but just wanted to
> > > report it.
> >
> > Hi,
> > How about posting (pasting) some of the message log before that?
> >
> Sure, below is the entire dmesg output from this boot of the box
> (including the line above) :

I suppose that you have CONFIG_PCI_MULTITHREAD_PROBE=y ?

Correct.

What happens if you change to to =n ?

Doing that resolves the issue.

So yes, you are correct in your other posts in this thread that the
problem is caused by multiple printk()'s from different locations
being mixed up.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>