RE: [OOPS] -git8,9: NULL pointer dereference in mptspi_dv_renegotiate_work

From: Moore, Eric
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 14:30:32 EST

On Friday, September 29, 2006 11:18 AM, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> [<ffffffff80484f94>] mpt_HardResetHandler+0xb4/0x12c
> [<ffffffff8048500c>] mpt_timer_expired+0x0/0x24

mpt_timer_expired means most likely we timed out sending
request for config page from firmware. The timeout results
in host reset, which results in domain validation being called.
Perhaps the config pages failed before we allocated memory for hd.

Can you enable debug messages in the driver Makefile, for
the line called MPT_DEBUG_CONFIG; that way we can find out which
config page failed.

There were some changes in scsi_transort_spi.c, that occured
between 2.6.18-git1 and 2.6.18-git2. I doubt these changes
would of effected this. Can you determine between which
git version releases did this problem begin occuring?

Also, can you describe your configuration? Such as which
kind of devices are you usign, and whether if they are U320 devices,
or are their older ones, such as U160.

Eric