kernel: pageout: orphaned page with reiserfs v3 in data=journal mode under 2.6.18

From: Mark Nipper
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 13:04:15 EST

I saw this in my logs earlier today:
---
kernel: pageout: orphaned page

It's the first time I've seen it on this box, but I also
just switched to data=journal mode for all of my reiserfs mounts
yesterday after a hard drive died in a software RAID-1 volume
(which incidentally caused some thankfully repairable file system
damage after a --rebuild-tree seemingly because even though the
hard drive which was failing was reporting uncorrectable errors
to the kernel, the software RAID system never failed the drive
out of the volume but instead kept trying to use it).

Anyway, just wondering if the message is bad actually as
in it indicates some memory leak will bring down my server at
some point or if it's just a corner case which someone felt the
need to document whenever it happens.

I'm no longer subscribed to the list, so please keep this
in mind if you reply. Thanks.

--
Mark Nipper e-contacts:
4320 Milam Street nipsy@xxxxxxxxxxxx