Re: Spam, bogofilter, etc

From: Thomas Davis
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 13:35:39 EST

Matti Aarnio wrote:

I can do fairly easily "this address is allowed to post" type
filters at Majordomo - it has a way to specify allowed posters.
Usually it is used to permit list members to post, but it can
also be configured to use other datasets.

Sounds like a version of greylisting.

I know, people will argue against it - but it does work, and it still works. I use it on website I run, and it cuts 2k+ spams per day into about 50 that spamassassin has to process.

Yes, there are broken mailers that cannot deal with it properly. They should fix their mailers..

thomas