Linux 2.4.34-pre4

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 17:08:46 EST

Hi there !

This is version 2.4.34-pre4. Very minor fixes as well as a backport of the
fix for CVE-2006-4997 by Dann Frazier.

I'm pretty happy with the gcc4 fixes, a few people reported success and
nobody complained yet. One of the OpenWRT developers offered to contribute
MIPS patches from his project, but as I don't have a toolchain anymore, I
will not be able to break them into pieces before merging them. I asked
him to do all the dirty and thankless job, but I don't know if he will
feel brave enough. I might try to perform an Alpha port when I receive
my memory upgrade. If other people want to contribute gcc4 fixes for other
archs, they're welcome, but *please* provide one patch per build error
with the copy of the error in the commit.

I will wait a bit more for fixes and will soon enter -rc as things calm
down. If I find some spare time, I will release 2.4.33.4 with minor fixes,
and even possibly resync the hotfix tree for users of older versions.

Have fun,
Willy

Summary of changes from v2.4.34-pre3 to v2.4.34-pre4

dann frazier:
Backport fix for CVE-2006-4997 to 2.4 tree

Geert Uytterhoeven:
fbdev: correct buffer size limit in fbmem_read_proc()

Jurzitza, Dieter:
really fix size display for sun partitions larger than 1TByte

Michael Chen:
i386: fix overflow in vmap on an x86 system which has more than 4GB memory.

mostrows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
Advertise PPPoE MTU

PaX Team:
MIPS: fix long long cast in pte macro
i386: fix long long cast in pte macro

Steffen Maier:
block: fix negative bias of ios_in_flight (CONFIG_BLK_STATS) because of unbalanced I/O accounting

Toyo Abe:
x86_64: Fix missing delay when the TSC counter just overflowed

Willy Tarreau:
fix Configure.help concerning rp_filter
Change VERSION to 2.4.34-pre4