Re: 2.6.18-rc6-mm2: fix for error compiling ppc/mm/init.c

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 08:14:21 EST

> Once we have a patch using symbolic names working on ppc, I'll make a
> patch that uses symbolic names on the other architectures and post it.

Ok, good :) I don't like magic numbers

> I don't know if it has been fixed either.

Yeah... I'm not in a mood to audit all of that for 2.6.19, so I'd rather
keep it the way it is for now.

> Once we get ppc sorted, I'll make a patch that uses explicit array
> initialisation and symbolic index names on the other arches.

Ok. Any reason why my current patch wouldn't be good then ? If it's ok
for you, I'll put it in paulus queue for merging.

> I believe it was to stop having more empty zones than was really
> necessary. It was a saving on NUMA. I might be wrong, I'll need to check
> the archives again.

Well, as long as we use named indices in the array and make sure it's
properly initialized to 0, that should be ok.

> You're right. The generic code does handle this case because at one point,
> I remembered clearly that not all zones would be in use :/

Good then :)

Cheers,
Ben.