Re: PCI: BIOS Bug: MCFG area at f0000000 is not E820-reserved with2.6.18 kernel

From: Matthias Hentges
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 08:23:45 EST

Hi Wink,

Am Montag, den 02.10.2006, 21:12 -0700 schrieb Wink Saville:
> Matthias,
>
> Thanks, I tried your config file on 2.6.18 and it works!
>
> The first time I tried my command line was:
>
> Command line: root=/dev/sda2 ro quiet splash initcall_debug
> console=ttyS0,115200n8 loglevel=7 video=nvidiafb:nomtrr
>
> and it came up but no keyboard or mouse, I changed it too:
>
> Command line: root=/dev/sda2 ro quiet splash
>
> You mentioned you "saw some hangs", I assume with the current
> configuration your having no problems with stability?

correct. These hangs at boot-time were all related to the nvidia FB
driver. The current config with 2.6.18-mm1 is rock-stable for me ( the
box is running 24/7 ).

I was seeing randon freezes w/ 2.6.18-mm2 for which I could not identify
the cause.

--
Matthias 'CoreDump' Hentges

Webmaster of hentges.net and OpenZaurus developer.
You can reach me in #openzaurus on Freenode.

My OS: Debian SID. Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice