Re: wpa supplicant/ipw3945, ESSID last char missing

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 14:20:37 EST

John W. Linville wrote:
The more we can clean-up the WE API, the easier it will be to implement
the cfg80211 WE compatibility layer intended for wireless-dev.
I think WE-21 makes things better in that respect.

Finally, I already scaled-back Jean's original WE-21 patch. I only
anticipate minor bug fixes for WE from now on, with nl80211/cfg80211
as the heir-apparent.

With all that said, I'd prefer to keep the existing WE-21 patches and
add Jean's fixes ASAP. Is this acceptable? If not, I'll submit the
reversions to Jeff ASAP.

I for one don't want to change the userspace ABI for this... If I had realized the userspace ABI was changing (<- my fault), I wouldn't have merged the changes in the first place.

Jeff