Re: wpa supplicant/ipw3945, ESSID last char missing

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 15:00:44 EST

Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
Now it's too late, those changes have propagated to userspace
tools, and are now shipping in some actual release of some distro. So,
what are we going to say to Mandriva 2007 and FC6 users, to revert
back to an *older* version of the tools ?
Because userspace has already been updated, we have only two
options, merge it now, or in 2.6.20.

If the choice is between the ABI used by a bunch of distros in production, and the ABI used by two re-release distros, I think the choice is obvious...

Jeff