Re: [patch] clockevents: drivers for i386, fix #2

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 12:44:15 EST

* Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > .name = "lapic",
> > .capabilities = CLOCK_CAP_NEXTEVT | CLOCK_CAP_PROFILE
> > +#ifdef CONFIG_SMP
> > | CLOCK_CAP_UPDATE,
> > +#endif
> > .shift = 32,
> > .set_mode = lapic_timer_setup,
> > .set_next_event = lapic_next_event,
>
> that (after a tweak to make it compile) fixes it. [...]

cool!

the vanilla SMP kernel will likely show similar effects on your laptop.
We'll figure out a safe way to detect this quirk, and to work it around
or turn off the lapic timer driver in that case.

(Btw., this bug was cleanups collateral damage. Many people are running
-rt on laptops and i think we'd have noticed.)

Ingo