Re: wpa supplicant/ipw3945, ESSID last char missing

From: Erik Andersen
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 13:43:00 EST

On Thu Oct 05, 2006 at 12:43:57PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Wireless Extensions has reached end-of-life, and so we only need to
> support what's out there in wide distribution.

Hmm, so what is going to replace it? I was messing about with my
old powerbook G4 titanium, trying to make wpa_supplicant work
when I realized the airport/orinoco driver used for my powerbook
can't handle WPA since that apparently requires at least WE-18.
I started looking into what it would take to teach the orinoco
driver about WE>=18. But I suppose there is no point in my
looking further if WE is heading to the great bit-bucket in the
sky.

Is 'Wireless Extensions The Next Generation' described and
documented somewhere? Or am I better off if I just give up and
move on to some other more realistic project? :-)

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen http://codepoet-consulting.com/