Re: 2.6.19-rc1: known regressions (v2)

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Sun Oct 08 2006 - 13:35:10 EST

On Sun, 2006-10-08 19:28:59 +0200, Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On 10/8/06, Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >I've given this right myself - everyone can always send any bug list he
> > >wants to linux-kernel.
> >
> > I don't see what the problem here is. As stated in the bug report, a
> > patch signed off by you broke something in the kernel which is not yet
> > fixed in -git. Aside from calling people "guilty", what Adrian is
> > doing is a service to us all.
>
> It seems the word "Guilty" was considered offensive by some people?

I'd find it offensive, too, when I'd be called "guilty" because a
patch broke something that was buggy. Read the bug report: Seems it
was actually caused by a non-initialized variable introduced by a
patch to util-linux.

> This wasn't my intention, and I've replaced it with "Caused-By".

Made-visible-by :)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx +49-172-7608481
Signature of: If it doesn't work, force it.