Re: Removing MAX_ARG_PAGES (request for comments/assistance)

From: Ollie Wild
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 17:49:00 EST

Yeah, you'll need to change the PTEs for those pages you created by
calling get_user_page() by calling an mprotect like function; perhaps
something like:

Thanks. I've incorporated your changes (updated patch attached).

> + /* Move stack pages down in memory. */
> + if (stack_shift) {
> + // FIXME: Verify the shift is OK.
> +

What exactly are you wondering about? the call to move_vma looks sane to
me

My concern was that the binfmt handler may have setup other vm areas
which overlap the new range. The move_vma() function doesn't do
overlap checking. I'm not sure if this is something I need to guard
against, or if it falls in the "Don't do that!" category.

Ollie