2.6.18 - check for chroot, broken root and cwd values in procfs

From: Bastian Blank
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 10:02:42 EST

Hi folks

The commit 778c1144771f0064b6f51bee865cceb0d996f2f9 replaced the old
root-based security checks in procfs with processed based ones.

This makes the old check for chroot "[ -r /proc/1/root ]" unusable as
readlink on it now always succedds. Also it provides buggy values inside
a chroot, both /proc/1/root and /proc/self/root points to / but in real
they are different.

Is this a desired output or can I call this a bug? If the behaviour is
correct, is there a replacement for this check?

Bastian

--
Behind every great man, there is a woman -- urging him on.
-- Harry Mudd, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3