HPET char device can't work in 2.6.18

From: Zhao Forrest
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 18:29:44 EST

Hi Robert,

After 2.6.18 booted on my machine, there's a device file for hpet:
/dev/hpet.But when I read this device file, I got the error:
cat: /dev/hpet: Input/output error

In dmesg, I found some error messages related to hpet:
hpet_resources: 0xfed00000 is busy
hpet_acpi_add: no address or irqs in _CRS

Also there're some not-error-messages about hpet:
time.c: Using 25.000000 MHz WALL HPET GTOD HPET timer.
time.c: Detected 2613.696 MHz processor.
hpet0: at MMIO 0xfed00000 (virtual 0xffffffffff5fe000), IRQs 2, 8, 31
hpet0: 3 32-bit timers, 25000000 Hz

I guess maybe there's only one hpet timer in system, so after kernel
use one, the hpet char device driver can't find a free hpet timer
anymore. Am I right?

The full dmesg is attached.

Thanks,
Forrest