Re: Machine reboot

From: Lukas Hejtmanek
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 12:22:30 EST

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 07:36:01AM -0700, Auke Kok wrote:
> >It's not an issue in the Linux kernel. Using various printk I can see that
> >tripple fault or reset via KBD is issued and followed by hang of the BIOS.
> >
> >For i965 chipsets, the BIOS is *a lot* buggy :(
>
> that's depressing, can you send me the output of `dmidecode` of the latest
> BIOS? Perhaps I can reproduce it myself with that version.

Good news, as of kernel 2.6.19-rc1-git9, BIOS does *not* hang with both e1000 as
module or built in kernel.

The previous version of kernel was 2.6.18 which hangs the BIOS.

Aleksey:
are you sure that it is not the same in your case? Did you not switch kernel
version between e1000 as a module and built in kernel?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek