Re: kernel BUG in __cache_alloc_node at linux-2.6.git/mm/slab.c:3177!

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 12:06:56 EST

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Paul Mackerras wrote:

> Linus' tree is currently broken for us. Any suggestions for how to
> fix it, since I am not very familiar with the NUMA code?

I am not very familiar with the powerpc code and what I got here is
conjecture from various messages. It would help to get some clarification
on what is going on with node 0 memory. Is there really no memory
available from node 0 on bootup? Why is this?

If this is the case then you already have had issues for long time with
per node memory lists being contaminated on bootup.

Why would you attempt to boot linux on a memory node without
memory?