Re: [RFC] cpuset: remove sched domain hooks from cpusets

From: Martin Bligh
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 15:51:06 EST

I don't know of anyone else using cpusets, but I'd be interested to know.

We (Google) are planning to use it to do some partitioning, albeit on
much smaller machines. I'd really like to NOT use cpus_allowed from
previous experience - if we can get it to to partition using separated
sched domains, that would be much better.

From my dim recollections of previous discussions when cpusets was
added in the first place, we asked for exactly the same thing then.
I think some of the problem came from the fact that "exclusive"
to cpusets doesn't actually mean exclusive at all, and they're
shared in some fashion. Perhaps that issue is cleared up now?
/me crosses all fingers and toes and prays really hard.

M.