Re: sn9c10x list corruption in 2.6.18.1

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Sun Oct 22 2006 - 16:37:34 EST

On 10/22/06, Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What's odd here is that we have a list entry still on a list, with its ->next set to
LIST_POISON2, which should only ever happen after an entry has been removed from
a list. The list manipulation in cache_alloc_refill is all done under l3->list_lock,
so I'm puzzled how this is possible.

I found one area in the driver where we do list manipulation without any locking,
but I'm not entirely convinced that this is the source of the bug yet.

But I don't see how that could cause a slab list to go bad. An
old-fashioned slab corruption sounds more like it. Does the the kernel
have CONFIG_SLAB_DEBUG enabled?

Pekka