Re: Debugging I/O errors?

From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
Date: Mon Oct 23 2006 - 06:30:33 EST

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

Hi all
Stresstesting a SATA drive+controller, I get the error below after a while. How can I find if this error is due to a controller failure, a bad driver, or a drive failure?

Is there any libata/SCSI error messages in your log?

Nope. Just the ones from ext3. I first tried with a kernel from debian etch, and then switched to 2.6.18.1. Same errors on both

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx