Re: incorrect taint of ndiswrapper

From: Pavel Roskin
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 19:47:39 EST

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 01:00 +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 06:29:53PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 23:46 +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > > It's not even clear that any modules containing non-GPL'ed code were
> > > legal.
> >
> > I'm not a lawyer, but I think one cannot classify software as legal or
> > illegal.
>
> That's wrong, e.g. in some jurisdictions writing software that
> circumvents copyright protections is forbidden by law.

Fortunately, it would take a long flight of imagination to classify
ndiswrapper as "software that circumvents copyright protections". One
would have to claim that ndiswrapper is "bundling" itself with non-free
code and "distributing" that "bundle" from the hard drive into RAM, or
something just as ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm glad that the sanity has prevailed for now.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin