Re: Incorrect order of last two arguments of ptrace for requestsPPC_PTRACE_GETREGS, SETREGS, GETFPREGS, SETFPREGS

From: supriya kannery
Date: Fri Oct 27 2006 - 03:09:05 EST

David Miller wrote:

From: supriya kannery <supriyak@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:23:14 +0530

If we exchange the last two arguments like,

ptrace (PPC_PTRACE_GETREGS, pid, &reg[0], 0);

it works!

Please make sure that programs, such as gdb, aren't using the reversed
argument order. If they are, you cannot "fix" this as it will break
all such applictions.

David,
I checked in gdb and ltrace code. None of them are using PPC_PTRACE* options to get register values.
Man page also doesn't mention these options. Once this is fixed, these options could be added to man page also.

Irrespective of whether we fix this, documentation of these options in manpage will clarify its usage I guess.
Thanks, Supriya