Re: [patch] drivers: wait for threaded probes between initcall levels

From: Russell King
Date: Sat Oct 28 2006 - 08:11:52 EST

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 10:22:54AM +0100, Russell King wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 04:23:35PM +0800, Adam J. Richter wrote:
> > This interface would have problems with nesting.
>
> Adam (and the rest of the parallel crowd),
>
> Just a passing thought (and nothing more)...
>
> How does this behave with PCMCIA initialisation with a Cardbus card
> inserted?
>
> This is one scenario which needs checking before any of this parallel
> probe code goes anywhere near mainline, since it's possible for the
> Cardbus (PCI) device to be added and therefore probed while the Yenta
> probe (PCI) is still running.

Can someone make sure Adam gets my email please? His server rejects
messages from my domain:

adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<rmk+adam=yggdrasil.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> SIZE=3022:
host yggdrasil.com [61.49.148.168]: 553 5.1.8 <rmk+adam=yggdrasil.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>... Domain of sender address rmk+adam=yggdrasil.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx does not exist