Re: New filesystem for Linux

From: Theodore Tso
Date: Sun Nov 05 2006 - 07:03:06 EST

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 07:46:05PM +0100, Mikulas Patocka wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Christoph Lameter wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Mikulas Patocka wrote:
> >
> >>I have, I may find them and post them. (but the university wants me to
> >>post
> >>them to some conference, so I should keep them secret :-/)
> >
> >Ph.D. dissertations are public. The problem is that if you have not
> >finished yet then you may run into trouble with the condition that the
> >dissertation must not have been published prior to examination by your
> >advisors.
>
> Yes, but many "paperwork" conferences have the requirement, that the work
> submitted must not be published before. Does posting it to mailing list
> qualify as "publishing" as well?

The requirement by the vast majority of conferences is that it must
not have been published in a peer-reviewed journal or conference, and
you most not simultaneously have the paper under consideration by more
than one peer-reviewed journal or conference. In general, though, you
can publish work on a web page, mailing list, or even as an
un-reviewed Techncial Report published by your department, without
harming your chances of submission to a peer-reviewed
conference/journal. Check with the program committee of the
conference to be sure, but that's way it general works.

- Ted