Re: async I/O seems to be blocking on 2.6.15

From: Phillip Susi
Date: Mon Nov 06 2006 - 12:04:47 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:
You could optimistically retry when you had reaped some completed
events, or use some controlled way of blocking for free request
notification. There are many ways, most of them share the fact that the
time between notification and new io_submit() may change the picture, in
which case you'd get EAGAIN once more.

The important bit is imho to make the blocking at least deterministic.
At some point you _have_ to block for resources, but it's not very
polite to be blocking for a considerable time indeterministically.

Right, but there currently exists no mechanism for waiting until there is room in the queue is there? My point was that this would be required in order to return EAGAIN.