Need help in writing Layered driver in Linux

From: Palakodeti, Srinivasa Rao (STSD)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2006 - 02:20:14 EST

Hi,

I have attached InterSbull.c. I have sbull and sbull1 block drivers with
major number 254, 253 respectively.
In InterSbull.c, in init_module, I am replacing sbull's ( major 254 )
make_request_fn with my kti_make_request_fn. Everything is going fine
with this.

But when I want to write same data to other sbull1 (major number 253 ).
I am getting kernel panic. When I do an I/O to sbull device ( major
number 254 ). In WRITE, in kti_make_request_fn I am using brw_kiovec to
send I/O to 253 device

Could you help me what can be the issue in this? Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Srinivas