Re: Faustian Pact between Novell and Microsoft

From: Bernd Petrovitsch
Date: Wed Nov 08 2006 - 03:57:38 EST

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 21:11 -0800, Avuton Olrich wrote:
> On 11/7/06, David Schwartz <davids@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > How can they do that if licensing the work requires licensing patents that
> > Novell has no right to license?
>
> rtfa: http://www.novell.com/linux/microsoft/faq_opensource.html
>
> May not be correct, but it's an answer nonetheless :)

If I understand the first answer correctly, there actually is:
---- snip ----
This agreement is primarily intended for Novell's customers. It doesn't
imply or guarantee that you are *not* sued. An exception may be if you
are a customer of Novell, than M$ will not sue you *directly*.
So for all Non-Novell customers: You may be sued directly from M$ (and
from all others).
So for all: You may be sued indirectly by M$ (and directly from all
others).

SCNR,
Bernd
--
Firmix Software GmbH http://www.firmix.at/
mobil: +43 664 4416156 fax: +43 1 7890849-55