Re: New laptop - problems with linux

From: Stephen Clark
Date: Wed Nov 08 2006 - 10:21:32 EST

Jiri Slaby wrote:

Stephen Clark wrote:

Hi list,

I just purchased a VBI-Asus S96F laptop Intel 945GM & ICH7, with a Core
2 Duo T560,0 2gb pc5400 memory.
From checking around it appeared all the
hardware was well supported by linux - but I am having major problems.

1. neither the wireless lan Intel pro 3945ABG or built in ethernet
RTL-8169C are detected and configured

If you searched the web, you would get ipw3945 sourceforge homepage in return --
it's not in the vanilla kernel for the time being.

Is r8169 module loaded?

No it is not loaded - i did a modprobe on it and it loaded but still no ethx device.

regards,

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Ben Franklin)

"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." (Thomas Jefferson)