Re: Problems with mounting filesystems from /dev/hdb (kernel 2.6.18.1)

From: Phillip Susi
Date: Thu Nov 09 2006 - 10:37:38 EST

Ubuntu uses an initramfs, so unless he has rebuilt his kernel to get around that, he should still be using one.

OP, please check dmesg for any new errors after you attempt to mount something on hdb. Also what is the output of a mount command with no options?

Jiri Slaby wrote:
Aah, sorry for the question, you use 2.6.18.1 and there is no such option yet.

Despite you have ide-generic built-in and other drivers have as a
module and you don't use initrd. If I was you, I'll try to disable
ide-generic and choose your ide chipset as built-in in
ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support under Device drivers.

regards,