Re: How to document dimension units for virtual files?

From: Greg KH
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 03:36:45 EST

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 07:27:56PM +0100, Michael Holzheu wrote:
> If you want to export data to userspace via a virtual filesystem
> like sysfs, the following rules are recommended:

Um, does this mean you expect us to change all of the currently existing
sysfs file names? And people get mad at me when I just move sysfs
symlinks around...

Look at the hwmon drivers, and the documentation in
Documentation/hwmon/sysfs-interface for a description of how we have
been documenting this already.

In short, I don't really think we need to encode the units in the file
name, somehow we have done pretty well without it so far :)

thanks,

greg k-h