Re: [patch 12/19] high-res timers: core

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 05:26:30 EST

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 23:38 +0000, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> + * hrtimer callback modes:
> + *
> + * HRTIMER_CB_SOFTIRQ: Callback must run in softirq context
> + * HRTIMER_CB_IRQSAFE: Callback may run in hardirq context
> + * HRTIMER_CB_IRQSAFE_NO_RESTART: Callback may run in hardirq context and
> + * does not restart the timer
> + * HRTIMER_CB_IRQSAFE_NO_SOFTIRQ: Callback must run in softirq context
> + * Special mode for tick emultation

This naming is treacherous (or the comment is wrong); NO_SOFTIRQ
suggests "can't run in softirq" but your comment says "must run in
softirq".. which is it?

> +/**
> + * hrtimer_clock_notify - A clock source or a clock event has been installed
> + *
> + * Notify the per cpu softirqs to recheck the clock sources and events
> + */
> +void hrtimer_clock_notify(void)
> +{
> + int i;
> +
> + if (hrtimer_hres_enabled) {
> + for_each_possible_cpu(i)

hmm. possible or online or ..

If you fix the comment/define:
Acked-by: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org