Re: [RFT] mv643xxx_eth_start_xmit oops

From: Erik Andersen
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 15:47:29 EST

On Fri Nov 10, 2006 at 11:54:44AM -0800, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> The code int mv643xx_eth_start_xmit is not safe on SMP it was
> checking for space outside of lock.

Hmm. I do not have CONFIG_SMP enabled... But then I suppose the
function is not reentrant either, so networking from N apps would
eventually result in a collision where it would blow up. That
seems consistant with what I was seeing.

> Does the following (untested) fix it?

Thanks! It at least applies cleanly and compiles...
Will let you know if it seems fixed.

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen http://codepoet-consulting.com/